The Chairman and members of Uplyme Parish Council wish to express their sincere condolences to Her Majesty the Queen and members of the Royal Family following the death of Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh.
News from EDDC:
We will receive further intense rainfall and heavy winds Friday and into Saturday. Some surface water and river flooding is expected, please act now in order to be prepared for this.
- 04:00 – 12:00 Friday, heavy and intense rainfall 10-20mm
- Enough rain to cause some river and surface water flooding
- 04:00 – 13:00 SE High winds, in coastal areas up to gale force gusting 60mph
- Minor wind impacts to trees and structures expected
- Large waves from the SE – danger to the public
- Late Fri PM into Sat AM wind turns SW gusting 45-60mph
- Gales could go up to 70mph
- Late Fri – Early Sat, more significant wind impacts expected.
- Travel disruption & danger to public from the wind
- Mid Sat to Sat PM – Wind turning more SSW and drops, lower speeds and less rainfall.
- Sun – mainly dry.
- River flooding risk
- All Devon rivers currently at Flood Risk Alert level
- Expect to issue Flood Warnings on Friday
- Tidal surge is not expected to be as bad as last week’s storms, so coastal flood risk is lower
The Army is available to help, but only if a major incident is declared.
All agencies asked to stand ready with staff on standby to respond should they be needed.
Further multi agency teleconference planned for 06:30 Friday morning to asses early impacts.
We will be posting messages on our website and social media if the situation develops, so please use the normal sources of information as detailed below.
If the worst should happen tomorrow and people flood please call the Emergency Services for immediate assistance (if a rest centre is required this will be activated through reports received by the Emergency Services). We can be contacted on 01395 517528, or out of hours 01395 578237.
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/eastdevon
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/eastdevon