VACANCY FOR PARISH COUNCILLOR
We currently have a vacant seat on the Parish Council which is being processed as a casual vacancy. Parish Councillors will now be
co-opting to fill this seat at our next Full Council meeting on Wednesday 9th March 2022.
If you are interested in serving the community please fill and return by email the Application Form Co-option or if you would like further information or the form sent to you directly, then please contact the Clerk as above.
What do councillors do?
Councillors have three main components to their work
- Decision making – Through meetings and attending committees with other elected members, councillors decide which activities to support, where money should be spent, what services should be delivered and what policies should be implemented
- Monitoring – Councillors make sure that their decisions lead to efficient and effective services by keeping an eye on how well things are working.
- Getting involved locally – As local representatives, councillors have responsibilities towards their constituents and local organisations. These responsibilities and duties often depend on what the councillor wants to achieve and how much time is available, and may include:
- Going to meetings of local organisations such as the Rural Police Neighbourhood Tasking Group
- Going to meetings of bodies affecting the wider community (e.g. AONB working groups)
- Taking up issues on behalf of members of the public
Full Council meetings are held once a month (normally the second Wednesday) except in August when there is a break. These are held at the Village Hall, Lyme Road and commence at 7.15pm. In addition to the monthly meetings there are various committees, which meet on an ad hoc basis. Membership of these committees is voluntary.
All Members have to conform to a Code of Conduct, Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and other Polices adopted by the Parish Council.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Thursday 3rd March 2022
Applicants will be invited to attend the Full Council meeting on Wednesday 9th March 2022 where co-option will take place.