If you are passionate about Uplyme and local life, we want you! We still have a vacancy for a proactive, dedicated and passionate person to join the Council. Please contact Zishan, the Parish Clerk, for an informal chat to find out more about what the role involves and how to apply.
Do you run a business within a mile of the East Devon Way? If so, this is your chance to be featured in free publicity materials. Karen Whittaker of the East Devon AONB Partnership says:
“We are looking for businesses to be on our map
As the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty we are keen to support local businesses who live and work in our beautiful landscape. We also want to help visitors who walk this walk enjoy all the fabulous food and hospitality that Devon has to offer. We want to make sure businesses of all sizes to suit all budgets have a chance to be featured, and visitors love local.
For this project we are looking for:
- Businesses within a mile of the path
- Accommodation providers, camp sites, self catering, B&Bs & Hotels
- Local food producer / farm shop / delis – for people to buy food for picnics
- Cafes / Tea rooms / cream teas
- Pubs / restaurants
- Others – outdoor business / rural enterprises / luggage transfer company / dog friendly business etc.
RSVP by 20th January, 2014. email@example.com
It’s free to be listed on our web site and businesses can use our East Devon Way logo to feature on their web site.”