New National Restrictions from 5 November
UPLYME VILLAGE NETWORK – CORONAVIRUS
URGENT REQUEST AND INFORMATION
In consideration of the escalating public health crisis across the UK, arising from the spread of Covid-19, the Uplyme Village Network voluntary group are working with individuals and the Parish Council, members of churches and community groups from Uplyme and its environment to co-ordinate volunteer efforts to provide support for those who need it whilst the emergency exists.
As such, we are urgently seeking local volunteers who are willing to help those members of the community who are vulnerable and self-isolating, or likely to be self-isolating imminently, by:
- sharing this request and information to recruit volunteers to assist the vulnerable
- collecting groceries and other essential supplies
- collecting new prescriptions
- checking on the elderly and vulnerable by telephone
- dog walking (it’s not always possible to help with this but we are willing to do what we can)
- posting mail
- assisting in any other ways required, whilst always taking every precaution to protect themselves
If you are able to assist in any way, please post a comment to our Facebook page with your postcode and we will reply by private message with further instructions or contact us as below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07413 947067
NOTE: by supplying this information, you consent to it being shared with other volunteers, co-ordinators of this initiative and those requiring help.
For more details if you need help or can help our community group, please visit our Facebook page at