The Parish Council is a statutory consultee, and as such is always asked to comment on planning applications in the parish. However, final decisions on whether to grant permission for any application are made by East Devon District Council’s Planning department, and whilst the Parish Council’s response is taken into account, planning legislation, the Local Plan and Uplyme’s Neighbourhood Plan are the primary determiners. You can speak at the Public Participation session at each planning meeting if you have specific views you wish the Council to take into account. You can also email or write to a councillor or the Clerk.

The Council’s policy on meetings with developers applies.

Masters Close

Current planning applications

Current planning applications on which you can comment are listed on the parish.uk web site, together with links to details on the East Devon District Council web site, where you can also make comments online. (To find other applications not listed there, you can search on the EDDC planning site by date, location etc. – see below for a link.)
If you do not have access to a computer, you can view the online applications in person at the Axminster Town Council Office: 9.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday.  Alternatively you can ask Councillor Andrew Turner (Chair of Planning) to take you through an application, by telephoning 01297 442599 for an appointment.
Please post or email a copy of any comments sent to EDDC regarding planning applications to the Parish Clerk.

Building Site

Planning Committee meetings

Planning Committee meetings are normally held at 6pm on the fourth Wednesday of the month, in the Committee Room of the Village Hall.

In addition if consultation deadlines demand it, an extra meeting will be held, usually on a Wednesday.  See our Home page or the Village Hall noticeboard for details of the agenda.

Minutes of recent committee meetings are available.

Other planning links

  • The Interactive House is a useful little tool on the web, which allows you to find out what needs planning permission in an average house. You can also lodge applications online at the same web site.
  • EDDC’s Planning web site – you can enter your house details and get automatic notifications of any nearby applications, search for particular applications etc.
  • Dorset’s Planning web site – for applications just over the border.