GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) is a whole system of regulations, systems, rights and principles that aims to protect the personal data of every EU citizen. The GDPR legislation documents are huge and set out to give a person more rights over the data that an organisation holds on them, but in a nutshell, the main points are as follows:
- A person can request to see all the details that you hold on them both in human and machine readable format.
- A person can request that you delete all the personal data that is held by an organisation
- You need to state a valid reason for gathering and processing their data
- You need to ask for consent when you gather data
- You need to provide people with a way of withdrawing that consent at any time.
- You need to take precautions to protect personal data that you have gathered
Please view the full detailed Uplyme PC GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE May 2018